Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ability

STICKS AND STONES WEEK 2 BY Steven Furtick
 
 
Every week I try my best to listen to Steven Furticks messages. I download them on my Podcast to my IPhone so when I'm in the car I just plug in and listen. This month he is doing a series called Sticks and Stones. I actually blogged about the first week on January 15th http://www.garzaclarinda.blogspot.com/2014/01/am-i.html you can go back and read that post. He talks about the fact that we are anointed to accomplish what God has called us to do but it doesn't always mean that our assignment changes. We could keep doing the same thing were doing with greater purpose and meaning.
 
 
This week his message is about Ability.

* God expects us to grow in our gifts that He has given us.
* He also said that even if people don't know your name or you God does. He knows where to find you when He's ready to use you.
 
Here are four things you need to know to grow your gifts.
 
1) Diligence-We need to develop what God has deposited inside of us. Many times people want the benefit without developing. God puts our gifts inside of us but we have to be willing to work them out of us for His purpose.
2) Excellence-God deserves our excellence. Not perfection but our excellence.
3) Uniqueness-We were all created differently. Not one of us is the same.
4) Experience-God will arrange every experience in your life to serve His purpose if your willing to embrace it.
 
We need to offer our gifts to God and to serve Him not people. Only God can work though what your willing to work on.
 
I know that God gave me gifts and I know in my heart that each day He is using my gifts for His purpose. I also know that He has greater plans for myself and for my family. We are not all the same and we can't envy the gifts that others have because we have no clue what they did to develop those gifts. See God created each of us with certain gifts and like Pastor Furtick says it's our responsibility to develop those gifts and to use them for His purpose.

No comments: