Friday, January 10, 2014

My Twiggy



This is my precious little girl who for the last few months has had some unexplainable fevers every month and for one month it was every two weeks. These fevers aren't low grade, there high and can last any where from 3 to 5 days. For the past month we've been visiting an infectious disease doctor in Austin and she's had many blood tests done to try and find the cause. In August she had tubes in her ears, blood drawn, a TB Test, and abdominal ultrasound and this coming week she will have a CT Scan on her head and neck. My prayer right now is to find an answer to these fevers. The doctor has ruled out recurring fever syndrome because we don't have any type of European or Mediterranean    heritage in our blood line. So that rules that out. She's also too young to consider removing her tonsils which I've read could help.  She's only 17 months and it's really hard to understand why this is happening.  I just don't understand but I am thankful everyday that she is fever free and that at this current time that is all we are battling. Thank you Jesus and I praise Him each day for the blessing she is to our family. 

No comments: